Code of Conduct
The HJGT code of conduct has been instituted to ensure an enjoyable event for each and every person attending the tournament. All HJGT competitors are expected to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the tour.
All HJGT participants are required to wear proper golf attire at the host facility. Blue jeans, cut offs, and t-shirts will not be permitted. If you show up to an event without proper attire you will be asked to change clothing. If you wear a hat, it must be worn in a proper manner at all times. All golf shirts are required to have a collar or mock turtle neck (host facility permitting) and be tucked in. Footwear with a closed toe is required at all events. Flip flops, open-toed sandals and other similar shoes are not permitted.
Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco
The HJGT does not allow the use of these products. These products will not be allowed on the golf course or any facility affiliated with the event. The use of these products will result in disqualification and possible suspension from future events.
The HJGT will not tolerate poor behavior at the host facility. All participants are expected to carry themselves as ladies and gentlemen at all times. The following actions constitutes a violation:
-Not adhering to the dress code at the host facility
-Use or association with drugs, alcohol, or tobacco
-Unsportsmanlike conduct including club throwing, cheating, abusive language, disrespect volunteers, spectators, or staff members.
-Failure to treat host golf course with respect by not replacing ball marks, not picking up trash, raking bunkers, and caring for the course.
Code of conduct violation penalties
The HJGT Tournament Committee may assess any or all of the following penalties based on the severity of the violation(s)
- Issue a one stroke penalty for breach of conduct
- Disqualify the player from the tournament at which the violation occurs, or
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a tournament disqualification may also result in disqualification from the next tournament(s) for which a player has been accepted.
- The HJGT reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s membership or entries for a serious breach of the HJGT Code of Conduct.
- A player’s disregard of others is not limited to the current round but may include repeated offenses from tournament to tournament.